Matteo de Notaris, M.D., PH.D.Ma
Born in Naples (Italy) on June 16, 1977.
• 2003: M.D. at the “Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II” of Naples.
• 2003-2008: Neurosurgical residency at the “Università degli Studi di Napoli
Federico II” of Naples directed by Prof. Paolo Cappabianca.
• 2006: Winner of the European EMASEAN
• Project - European Multicenter Anatomical Study for an Innovative Endoscopic
Endonasal Approach in Neurosurgery.
• 2008: Winner of the Eurpean Project: Integrated Biomedical Informatics for the
Management of Cerebral Aneurysms".
• 2008-2011: Ph.D. in Clinical and Pathological Morphology, cum laude Directed
by Prof. Montagnani and Prof. Prats-Galino
• 2009-2013: Joined the staff of the Division of Neurosurgery, Hospital Clinic,
Barcelona, Spain as consultant neurosurgeon.
• 2009: Awarded of the "Sixto Obrador Prize" for young neurosurgeons in
memory of the Spanish Neurosurgeon Prof. Sixto Obrador
• 2010-2014: Appointed as Associate Professor of Human Anatomy at the
University of Barcelona, Spain.
• In 2012 obtained the Italian National Scientific Habilitation as Associate
Professor of Neurosurgery, (DD n. 222/2012).
• From 2014 on, joined the staff of the Neurosurgical Department of the
“San Pio Hospital” of Benevento, Italy as Consultant Neurosurgeon in skull
base and pituitary surgery Unit.
• Reviewer for the following scientific Journals: “World Neurosurgery
(Elsevier)” ,“Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences (Minerva Medica)” ; SNI
“Surgical Neurology International”(Wolterskluwer); “Computer Methods and
Programs in Biomedicine (Elsevier)” and “Neuroscience Journal (Hindawi)”;
Member of the Editorial board of SciTz Neurosurgery and Spine Journal.
• Active Member of the Società Italiana di Neurochirurgia (SINch); Active
Member of the Sociedad Española de Neurocirugia (SENEC).
• Surgery: From 2008 to the present has performed more than 700 neurosurgical
procedures as first operator and over 1600 as the second operator, including:
endoscopic endonasal approaches for sellar lesions and skull base tumors.
Ventricular surgery: endoscopic third ventriculostomy, ventriculoperitoneal
shunt, endoscopic biopsy. Transcranial approaches for brain tumors and
vascular lesions. Interventions for traumatic brain injury: subdural hematomas,
epidural hematoma, skull fractures, decompressive craniectomy; Surgical
procedures on the spine: lumbar and cervical disc herniation.
• Publications: author of 57 publications of neurosurgical interest, 47 of
them peer-reviewed in international journal with impact factor (840
citations, H-index: 17, i-10 index: 32) and of 12 international book
• Invited to 43 surgical courses and international neurosurgical meetings
worldwide as tutor, guest and honored speaker.
• Field of interest: Pituitary and brain tumors, skull base surgery, surgical
anatomy and quantitative analysis.
• Website :https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Matteo_De_Notaris;
CAPITAL Care for Pituitary 2019Registration website for CAPITAL Care for Pituitary 2019
CAPITAL Care for Pituitary 2019CAPITAL Care for Pituitary 20190.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Leiden University Medical CenterLeiden University Medical CenterAlbinusdreef 2 2333 ZA Leiden Netherlands